Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Monday, August 13, 2012

Wine bags for YPP

I am not so good at reading directions, never have been. I see a picture and make it my own. That isn’t always a good thing in some of these swaps. This month’s Wine Group on Your Paper Pantry we were to make three wine bags – cloth or fabric… your choice.
So I went and made three bags. Super girly fun – two rows of scallops, one in pink polka dots and one in black. On the top I tied a pink ribbon and added a tiny bling at every single scallop. I layered those on top of tulle – yeah netting!! I was trying to make it look like a window…ish. The scallops made the valance and the netting the curtain.
I found a string of pink zebra beads on clearance…ok you know I am not passing up PINK Zebra! While it took a serious effort, I was able to thread that bead on to the netting and give the ‘curtain’ a band or pinch point. Really happy with that look.
That was hot glued over a sheet of zebra and pink cardstocks cut to fit my bag. To me, no bag is complete without a tag so I added one. Somewhere when I was stalking the YPP group to see who had made what I read we were meant to incorporate a cork..NUTS!
So I decided to take two shades of pink and ‘cork’ on the tag (cut with that great multi tag Sizzix die). I had a bottle stamped in black and think that was super cute.
And since these were uber girly, I decided to break into the vault and pull out some Pro31 Jumbo Chandelier drops in pink and add those to the tag. I thought about adding some more charms and blinging it up, but the bag was fairly simple, so I thought the tag should be, too. Just a double chain with the bauble at the end, tied on with the same pink ribbon.
Great right… Well, I kind of cheated on the cork, I will probably be forgiven for that… but then I read the rest of the directions.


Yep, after I was finished and looking for an envelope big enough for my bags… challenge was add a cork and grapes… NUTS! They are going to make me drink boxed wine – or *gasp* White Zin. Maybe I better send wine IN my bags!!

No comments:

Post a Comment