Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Monday, August 13, 2012

Graphic 45 Card for YPP

Not sure how I missed it but there is a greeting card swap on YPP. I love this! I love to see the mojo of others up close and personal. This month’s swap was to stop hoarding that beautiful Graphic 45 paper and make some cards – eight to be exact.
I bought the Little Darlings pack to make a mini for my grandson. Then my nephew came along and I used some of the blue and green pages for him too. Which left me a big pack of pink lovely papers I can’t use. My family has a ration of about 7:2 boys to girls. No ruffles and pretty around here!!
So I spent several hours playing in the pink! I used my favorite 6x6 easel card, which I think is especially nice for a baby or wedding style card. I found the sketch on Mojo Monday and just went to town. The base is a champagne color from Bazil, which is a nice compliment to the aged look of G45 papers. The topper on half is a little dot and the other half that cherub with the huge roses. The offset square, which would be a great place to put a little photo is different on each but I tried to pull out the best of each paper rather than just slap a color on it.
The bottom of the front is stamped with those new flourish stamps I used on the stationary set a few weeks ago. I just love the versatility in that. Next, I inked some paper flowers to match and added some bling. That ribbon is actually paper, feels like bamboo kind of. And I thought the gold buckle kind of pulled in the little pair of shoes. The shoes are from my monthly Auntie’s Attic kit, how great are they! The G45 stuff just always comes together so very nicely and I love that the addition of something else doesn’t look out of place.
f
The inside I layered some pink cardstock with another sheet of G45 striped paper. The stopper for the easel is a SU punch and says ‘hello baby’ – accented in bling… of course. These are so sweet, I wish I had a pretty pink bundle to send one to. Don’t get me wrong, I am CRAZY about the blue bundles… but pink is so pretty ;)


or Your Paper Pantry swap

No comments:

Post a Comment