Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Friday, August 10, 2012

Bearly Adorable




This week, I am working on cards for four different efforts. First, I have a newphew away at a boot camp style school to graduate early and he gets my first card of the week. Of course, there are always OWH cards to be made, and then a set for a dear friend of mine to give as a gift.
This week's card to my nephew is a bit cutsie. He is going to be 18 in December, after all. However, our family name is Baer - and we have a soft spot for bear images.
This little guy is from Fiskars set and was stamped in Memento ink. And not too bad on the Copics if I do say so myself. It is a learning process for sure.
I made the background paper with some of the smaller images from the same set. The layout - I am sure it is familiar - that Gina K layout is a go to for me all the time. I stamped the image and sentiment, colored the image, then used an oval Nestie die to cut it out. A black fancy oval to mat and finished with a great SU! ribbon.
Of course, I made several for the OWH box while I was at it.

1 comment:

  1. Your colored bear looks good Katie and I bet your nephew is going to love receiving this card :)

    ReplyDelete