Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

All Corked Up

Your Paper Pantry has started a brand new swap group all about wines! I am having so much fun with it. Last month was the wine glass charms and this month was key chains made with corks. I love cork projects!! I have a lot of corks around the house and love an excuse to use them up.
These were a bit of a challenge for me. The examples I could find on line were too plain – so I did mine up a bit. ;)

Basically, I made a chunky charm using some wine themed charms from Oriental Trading and coordinating beads from who knows where. You shop there, too, right..
To affix the decoration to the cork we used small closed eye screws. I used one on top to add the charms and key ring and one on the bottom, where I added a really unique and wine specific bead/charm… just one, can you believe it! My key rings are not for everyday use… nope. These are for one key that you drop off at the neighbor to water your plants when you are out of town.
The tags, I think are really nice. I hope people can use them on a wine bottle on a gift maybe.
I started with a standard tag and a great sheet of Fiskars wine related stamps. In the corner I stamped the leaves and filled them in with my Copics – any excuse for practice, right?
I layered on a plain – yep, not decorated or altered at all, sheet of rich purple and tore the edge by leaves for interest. Next I cut a half circle and stamped a single leaf with TH tea dye all over it and inked it up. While I was at it, I inked the leaf corner and the top – which begged for some single leafs, too.
That looked a bit plain so I added the wine glass and ‘cheers’ and Copic’d the wine. I toyed with making it a red wine, but I didn’t have the right colors and I like how the golden hues are more muted. I had a great sheet of wine paper that I punched with the SU label punch and punched a cream and purple layer, too.
Finally, I thought some
bling was in order. A nice strip to accentuate the curve of circle – to me it looks like a ring left by a glass. A few on the leaves and some swirls so that purple isn’t so plain.
Three of these are on the way to Stacy and I can’t wait to get mine in return.
If you aren’t swapping at YPP – check it out. I love that the sign ups are all on the same day and they are all due the same day of the month. It makes it really nice to stay organized. Not to mention, the quality of the swaps is really outstanding.

2 comments:

  1. Katie, these are awesome!! When I have more time to play I may check it out!

    ReplyDelete