Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Friday, June 13, 2014

Funky Pin Cusion

Over at Your Paper Pantry we swapped pin cushion recently... I used an old ice cream cup for this one.  I used Adirondack Ink's Stream to color the inside.  The 'cushion' is made of a soft creamy felt, I thought this looked a bit like the scoop.
I used a super HUGE piece of blue rickrack around the edge and layered on a pretty white trim.  For the focal point I hand dyed a big ribbon rose, layered on a metal filigree piece and pretty brad I have been hoarding.  I tucked some mulberry flowers in to the valleys created by the rickrack.
I topped it off with some pretty stick pins... should have taken some close ups of those :/
There is a quick video for a more close up look ... here


No comments:

Post a Comment