Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!!

As many of you know....  because I won't shut up about it... I am now part of a ning group that takes the inspiration for their projects by the life and times of Marie Antoinette.  All the pretty pink and blue and vintage French love a girl can stand!
These ladies are talented to a degree that really leaves me in AWE!  I am so honored to be allowed to swap with them.
For my first project I picked a greeting card swap... I can do a card, right?  RIGHT!  It needed to be Valentine and of course Marie Antoinette or that era.  Here is what I came up with.
I often go to this 5x5 easel size/fold when I want something special.  I like that the recipient can stand them right up and look at them for a while  I used a very dark green that was a gift from my girl friend's printer and layered a softer green on top.  That patterned paper is a mulberry piece stamped with birds flora and Parisian postage.  I wanted something to lighten up the feel.  
I layered an image I found on pinterest to the same green and used a sizzix die to frame it.
The crown is also a Sizixx die that I cut and heat embossed in gold a few times to get it to stick.


And of course, a layer of trim!  Don't you just love how the Lovebug I Love Grunge perfectly compliments this card?  Finally, I finished it off with some bling, I think Sweet Marie would approve ;)


3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card! I'm sure the recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love it - I agree that Marie Antoinette would be very happy with this treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wowzaa!!! I love this card! It's so vintage-y and beautiful!!! Great choice on the "I Love Grunge"!! It goes great on here!!

    Bug hugs,
    Kimi

    ReplyDelete