Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wax Paper Resist

I am STILLLLL not a grandmother.  So, I went to visit my parents for the weekend.  My mom and I stayed up til 1am watching You Tube videos.  (Can someone resend me that number for that 12 step program...we are going to need it soon).  We LOVE LOVE LOVED this techniqe by Gina K here.  Essentially, you emboss waxed paper, iron that on to glossy card stock - where you have stamped an image.  Then ink it up.  Wipe off the excess.  What is left is a beautiful vintage, warm and really unique look. 
I used the dress form from Stampin UP and the Paper Studio script embossing folder.  I inked on Tim's tea dye and a color box pink I had.  That beautiful background paper is from a Websters Pages 6x6 pack.  The inside just needed a little floral spray that I accented with my copics.
  Between a card class with my mom this morning and my crafty time tonight, 18 more cards for OWH.  This box is ready to go out to Kris.


......Still no baby, did I mention that???

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love this card. I'm going to have to try this technique. I watched the video many months ago and just haven't done anything with it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see you won the ODBD challenge? Send me your email addy at imaginemakeshare(at)gmail(dot)com so I can hook you up with your prize. Thanks! http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/2012/02/february-odbd-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete