Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Shabby Notes

My passion for all things shabby chic has led me to a ning group called 2 Shabby Sisters.  This was one of the first swaps I joined there.  3x3 note cards, they needed to presented in a pretty way and have a string/ribbon for attachment.
I made a little box from the green card stock, and layered on paper and a butterfly from the Prima Prim Rose collection.  The flowers were from my stash... it wasn't quite as vivid as this.. I promise!! lol
But I was really happy with the closure.  I call this the manilla envelope style  I use a button with a shank, punch a hole so the shank can 'hide', but still it still allows the height needed for the pretty twine to wrap behind it.  The little beading on the end is a nice touch, too.
I made three of two different designs - this one is more green and I used papers from the same collection and added a little key a lot of gold heat embossing.
The second set of three in the little box is more pink and the tiny script is a Prima stamp.  I punched two butterflies and layered them to give a feeling of movement... topped off with tiny pearls and the coordinating lock from the keys on the other half of the set.
Here is both of them side by side - coordinated but not too matchy/matchy... I hope :)



No comments:

Post a Comment