Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Altered Book Cover

More swapping fun with Your Paper Pantry - I love this altered book cover idea.  Originally, I was going to go super crazy and make a mixed media collage.  But as I started with it, I just LOVED the way the pretty blue of the book was showing through the Gesso.  On the spine I added a brad from Tim Holtz called Ring Fastener; this makes hanging a charm ... charming!  Lots of metal from Butterbee Scraps - the corners and two pieces under that AMAZING flower that came to me in a fabric flower swap.  On the bottom is a bit of antique lace topped of with ribbon from Love Bug Creations


 Here is an up close of that flower - isn't it beautiful!!  As much as I hated to part with it, it was a little easier knowing my swap partner would appreciate it.  Head to YouTube to check out the video

No comments:

Post a Comment