Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pocket Full of Hope

Your Paper Pantry has a 'Pocket for Your Thoughts' swap... which your's truly will be hosting for a few months come August.  But in July, Roxy asked us to make three little pockets for someone in need of some Get Well Wishes.  I focused on the cancer treatment gals.  Sadly, we all know someone who is going through the horrors of trying to get and stay healthy - and their bag of love is a little different from chicken soup and cough drops.  .  I filled it with a few things like hand sanitizer and airborne - because staying healthy during treatment is so hard and so important, added some tums... never enough of those, chapstick and hard candies.
To make the bag topper I cut a piece of card stock as wide as my bag and 5 inches long - then scored at 2 inches so I had a good base to fold over the top and staple it all closed.  The HOPE was cut on my cricut and then I just had fun layering pretty pink/white/black flowers and brads.


 This beautiful metal filigree is from Butterbee Scraps, which I love these days and topped off with a large bit of bling.  I sure hope these help make someone's time in 'the chair' just a touch more pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment