Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Hero Mondays

I love making cards for Operation Write Home.  I love that my hobby/obsession makes an elisted person feel good and their loved one back home feels his/her love and mine when they open the mail box.  How many people get to use their hobby this way??  AND!!! I can do what I love and SEND IT AWAY!  It isn't hanging out 'waiting for a home' or what ever - I make em and send em on.  While my son in law is deployed I am going to focus on the Any Hero cards.  Here is one set I made this weekend.  I had a package of a few 6x6 sheets and stickers I originally intended to use for my daughter when she was enlisted (US Navy) but they didn't work.  So, I decided to make some OWH Any Hero cards.  This card was based on this Pinterest Sketch
 Since I was working with 12x12 sheets I cut 6 mats and made 'em all.  I am helping the local DAR chapter to make some cards in a few weeks, so any I don't have filled out by then those ladies can write in.


No comments:

Post a Comment