Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Monday, October 1, 2012

Don’t Be Blue

I had a great weekend with a friend and we made our Christmas cards…yes in September, some people are organized –deal with it!! :D But, after she left I wanted to top off my OWH box so I made about 14 cards in there styles (will post the other two later this week)
This one uses a paper pack from Authentique. I find the 6x6 paper packs are perfect when I am using a sketch that leverages patterned paper. They seem to always have one that is a bit tone on tone, a stripe one (zig zag here) and small and large prints. I went with the larger print here and newsprint in the background as a neutral. This sketch isn’t my own, I found it on pinterest. I just love scrolling through other people’s cards to find ideas I can use on my own. When I find a card I like for the layout (or sketch) as opposed to for the color theme or maybe stamp set here are the steps I use for CASing: -Pick an image (assuming the card has one) and measure that piece first. -cut up scraps until I have the right size to match what I saw in the example. I always cut for nice round numbers even it if it is a tiny bit off the example. -Pick the papers and layer paper and cut those based on my little scrap test case -Stamp the image (here I used the crumb ink from SU and the vintage jump roller so the background of the image had some warmth. Then I used markers to achieve the two color effect. -Tape all the layered pieces together and assemble. Then I used this great trim from the Paper Bag Lady on etsy. I like that it was more vivid and kept the card from being a bit to muted. Start to finish these six cards came together in less than an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment