Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

OSW - reworked

I love the One Sheet Wonders... who doesn't? Take your favorite piece of DP and make 10 or 12 cards out of it. I haven't really done a lot with it, because...well, to be honest, a lot of them don't look finished. A lot of the cards made with these are really simple. And I am over simple cards ;)
But I keep looking on pintrest and find ones like this...I found on pintrest
I had started scrolling through Pinterest looking for ideas for a card gift set. Something to give to a gal that would have several different




sentiments. At first, I was just making an extra when I made my OWH cards and tossed one aside for this boxed set project.... but I knew I wanted something more cohesive.
Then it occurred to me, I could use this OSW and just pick one of my favorite 6x6 paper packs - the light bulb went on.
I just love this pack from Theresa Collins - Carolina Breezes. I really like how the yellow, grey and black all play to make a pretty set. I tried to repeat a couple themes... nature (flowers and butterflies) and whimsy (shoes and buttons) as well as reusing the same stamps between the cards and tags.
I like this idea so much that I am going to make some for my own stash with a 6x6 stack I love too much to use ;)
The box is my new fav from Split Coast Stampers. I had to alter it a bit, the cards were too thick for the pocket with the envelopes so I just added a band on the lower flap for the envelopes to slip in.
Yout Tube Video here

No comments:

Post a Comment