Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lovely Bags Week

I have been on a bag kick this weekend. Friday was a special anniversary of sorts so I made a treat for the guy that has been eating up my crafty time ;)
Hand made treats for men are really difficult for me. Since we met at a symphony concert I made music the theme.
Starting from the bottom was a nice scalloped red liner from paper source. I layered black and striped paper to form the background. The rounded edges of black and red embossed with a music sheet topped with a scalloped edge and a great black felt ribbon.
A simple stamped piece of music on pink to kind of lighten up a bit.
I tied some black and white twine and tied in a wire heart to make it feel sweet.
For the card, I really wanted it to coordinate but not be a duplicate.
On the top is a Love stamp embossed and punched in a circle layered on a great nestabilitie die. I can't remember where the heart paper came from but I layered it on black and rounded those edges, too. That same felt was repeated and a couple big pretty hearts popped on for more sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment