Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Friday, May 18, 2012

Sketch 121

More cards inspired by the Rebel Blog Hop.  These four fill two challenges - use a die cut and paper piece a card for a child.  Paper piecing is the easy way for those of us still coloring challenged.  I used a stamp from the Kanban Fairy Cakes set.  I have a few of their sets and every single one gives a beautiful image.  This one Is tamped on white and used a Sizzix die to cut that fluffy frame.  Then, I used the same stamp again on some pretty My Mind's eye polk a dot paper.  I cut out just the wrapper of the cupcake and colored the ribbon - I can handle that much.  I popped it on dimensional. 
Next I wanted to make that pretty swirly frosting look yummy.  I covered it with Stickles.  Usually, it doesn't flake off the glitter, but this time it really looked like it would.  When we make cards for our heros we do not - EVER use glitter.  Glitter that flakes can be caught on their uniform and picked up by night vision goggles.  There is no card cute enough to risk their safety.  So, I covered the stickles with Glossy Accents.  Then end effect is really dimensional and looks like you could eat it.
This sketch #121 was a nice fit for the color pallet I used here.  Since this is a darker card base the inside is finished off with a white insert where I stamped a tiny cupcake in the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment