Cards created this year to send to our Nation's Heros....24

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bright Blue Bling

Over at Operation Write Home we have been on a kick to use the scraps or toss them.  These were all in my basket and coordinated so nicely.
To make this work I started by searching for a piece that had two contrasting colors - the blue and green.  That became the center.  Next I knew I wanted a monochromatic green and blue for the other two stripes.  One would need to be big and bold for the bottom and one small for the top.  I had several options, but like these the best.  Even though there is no border or visible edge of the card base here I did use a card front to adhere the strips.  One because they are paper and not sturdy stock and two so I could tie on that seam binding.
Next I cut a thick strip of the blue and a narrower one of the green - next time I will run one or both of them through the cuttlebug to add some texture.
Finally, the sentiment was two quick Stampin Up punches and some great bling.
I think all the cards I made this week had that TOU sentiment... must have been lonely while my buddy was sick ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment